Creative Lab is the place to turn customer insights and bright ideas into business innovation:
Innovation requires divergence to explore the best insights and ideas, and then convergence to focus on what and how to make happen. Innovation is typically about making new and powerful connections:
- Insights Canvas – how to discover what really matters
- Co-creation Canvas – how to develop ideas with customers
- Business Canvas – how to design a better business model
- Innovation Canvas – how to make your best ideas happen
New research projects
Peter Fisk’s two main research platforms, exploring the rapidly changing world of business, right now, and bringing together the very latest ideas and insights, cases and reports, are below. They also form the basis of my latest keynote speeches, new strategic workshops, executive education programs, and my next books:
- Business Futures Project … What’s the future of business? How are business leaders reinventing organisations, and driving innovation and transformation, for future growth?
- Sustainable Futures Project … What’s the future of sustainability? How are organisation embracing social and environmental challenges to drive radical innovation and impact?
New articles and reports
Peter Fisk has also brought together over 250 resources – inspiring articles, trend reports, case studies, toolkits and more – which you can explore for inspiration as you wish. (All materials are proprietary, by Peter Fisk or other sources, however you are welcome to download and use them!)
- Future Recoded … useful resources about futures, trends, scenarios, purpose, and change
- Growth Recoded … useful resources about strategy, markets, brands, customers, sustainability
- Innovation Recoded … useful resources about innovation, creativity, design, business models
- Work Recoded… useful resources about people, organisations, teams, agility, transformation
- Leadership Recoded … useful resources about leadership, courage, and high performance
New case studies and profiles
Peter Fisk profiles over 100 business leaders, and 100 most inspiring companies, largely through one to one interviews and published in my various books. (All materials are proprietary, however you are welcome to download and use them!). You can dip into them here:
- 100 Inspiring Leaders … from Anne Wojcicki to Bernard Arnault, Cristina Junqueira to Ben Francis, Zhang Ruimin to Zhang Yimin, and many more.
- 250 Innovative Companies … from %Arabica to 1Atelier, 77 Diamonds to A Boring Life, Aerofarms to Alibaba, Babylon and and more.
- Leadership Letters … inspiring letters like Satya Nadella’s first day as CEO, Richard Branson to his grandchildren, and more.
- Leadership Videos … inspiring videos of great leaders, like Jeff Bezos, Emily Weiss, Tan Le, Tobi Lutke, and Warren Buffett
Practical canvases for creative thinking
Start with insights, a deep dive into the world of your customers, exploring what really matters to them, and their dreams. Work with them collaboratively, and with other partners, to develop ideas, and then apply them to the whole business for more impact:
Inspiration … to drive smarter innovation
Getting started: Innovation today is about much more than creating better products and services. Indeed that’s probably not really innovation. In Business Recoded – my new book, executive program and consulting approach – we think differently about innovation:
Ideas and insights come from many different places – from research, observation, feedback, trends, parallels, extremes, and experience – Steven Johnson wrote the book Where do ideas come from?
Innovation is about connecting the dots … As Steve Jobs said, its easy to connect the dots when you look back, but looking forwards its about finding the dots, and making new connections. That is the heart of innovation:
Design Thinking is about solving any kind of business problem through deeper insights and practical creativity. It typically starts with a deep dive into the customer world, creative interpretation and rapid prototyping:
New business models bring together innovative ideas across the business, ensuring that the whole organisation is aligned to deliver innovation, and the new revenue streams which it supports:
How do you bring all these ideas together?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org