X-Marketing … What’s new and next in brands and marketing?
November 24, 2017 at Almaty, Kazakhstan
Across the world, new ideas, new businesses and new solutions are transforming every market. “Gamechangers” think and act differently. They innovate every aspect of their brand and marketing.
From Alibaba to Zipcars, Ashmei to Zidisha, Azuri and Zynga, a new generation of businesses are rising out of the maelstrom of economic and technological change across our world. These are just a few of the companies shaking up our world.
Gamechangers are disruptive and innovative, start-ups and corporates, in every sector and region, reshaping our world. They are more ambitious, with stretching vision and enlightened purpose. They see markets as kaleidoscopes of infinite possibilities, assembling and defining them to their advantage. They find their own space, then shape it in their own vision. Most of all they have great ideas. They outthink their competition, thinking bigger and different. They don’t believe in being slightly cheaper or slightly better. That is a short-term game of diminishing returns.
We asked 1000 business leaders to nominate the companies who they believe are creating the future in each different sector. The top 100 innovators are big and small, spread across every sector and continent, from Asia to the Americas, finance to fashion. And then we wanted to understand what they did differently.
They range from well known innovators like Amazon and Apple – the magic Dash buttons creating a direct link between consumer and brands, the ecosystems that go beyond devices – to new brands like Brazil’s Beauty’in fusing the world of food and cosmetics, or even Zespri redefining the obscure Chinese gooseberry as the superfood Kiwi fruit.
They capture their higher purpose in more inspiring brands that resonate with their target audiences at the right time and place, enabled by data and technology, but more through empathetic design and rich human experiences. They fuse digital and physical, global and local, ideas and networks. Social media drives reach and richness, whilst new business models make the possible profitable. They collaborate with customers, and partner with other business, connecting ideas and utilising their capabilities. They look beyond the sale to enable customers to achieve more, they care about their impact on people and the world, whilst being commercially successful too.
As they say in the GoogleX moonshot factory, in seeking to reinvent everything from cars to healthcare, “Why be 10% better, when you could be 10 times better?”
- Exploring new markets and opportunities for growth
- Learning from the new generation of business and brands
- Creating disruption that shapes and reinvents markets
- Harnessing the power of new technologies and networks
- Living in a “me and we” world, what customers really want
- Fast and personal, social and mobile, collaborative and intelligent
- Design thinking to discover more, harnessing data and analytics
- Experiences beyond boundaries, enabling people to achieve more
- Brands with purpose, going beyond products and sales
- Storytelling that engages, ideas that spread faster
- Influencers beyond advertising, platforms beyond channels
- New tools to win, AI and VR, social and games, prizes and more
- New markets, new business models, and new ways to win
- Driving innovation to go beyond today’s categories and conventions
- Growth hacking and experiments, delivering results fast and agile
- Being the leader of disruption, innovation and exponential growth
Find out more and book >