Wave Riders … Leading the future megatrends … with PwC Academy
November 23, 2021 at PwC Academy, Dubai, UAE (and streamed live online)
Download a summary of Peter Fisk’s WaveRiders: Leading the Future Megatrends.
We live in a time of incredible change. Dramatic, pervasive, and relentless. More change in the next 10 years than the last 250 years. Incredible technologies, expectant consumers, climate crisis, social distrust, and much more. The biggest question for leaders is “How do you see the future?”
The old codes of business don’t work anymore. The most innovative companies – from Alibaba and Bytedance, to Casper and Deepmind – succeed with new codes. So what are the new ideas to win in a fast and dynamic world of Asian renaissance, entrepreneurial supremacy, social conscience and smarter machines?
How will you embrace the megatrends – disruptive technologies, connected and intelligent; economic power shifts, 80% of the middle class in emerging markets; resource scarcity, where water is the biggest risk; demographic change, where markets are older, demanding and mobile; and rapid urbanisation, 33 of the 45 megacities in Asia?
Where do you start? Look forwards not back. Start from the future. Seek purpose before profit. Connect talent and technology. Turn hierarchies into ecosystems. And what does it take to lead in this future? Curiosity and imagination, humanity and responsibility, transformation and collaboration, grit and impact.
Do you have the courage to create a better future, for yourself and your business? Time to be inspired by the passion of Tan Le, the vision of Masayoshi Son, endurance of Eliud Kipchoge, to transform like Satya Nadella, create legacy like Jack Ma, and realise dreams like JK Rowling.
Sense makers … making sense of change and uncertainty – finding new opportunities for innovation and growth – as we emerge out of pandemic, towards a different future:
- More change in the next 10 year than last 250
- How every market is shaken-up, energy to finance, mobility to food
- Riding the megatrends, how to embrace the big strategic global shifts
Market disruptors … Competing in markets of relentless change – with new agendas and tech-powered possibilities … inspired by the world’s most innovative companies:
- Having a growth not fixed mindset, inspired by Satya Nadella and Jessica Tan
- Reimagining markets and business, from Haier and Reliance Jio, PingAn and Tesla
- Thinking from the outside in to redefine your purpose, reframe your business.
Change drivers… Driving business transformation as a core capability – strategy and culture, process and ecosystem, building a portfolio to win today and tomorrow
- Starting from the future back, then working now forwards
- Inspiring transformation like Netflix and Orsted, DBS and Philip Morris
- Building a future-today portfolio for relentless change, like Fujifilm
Future leaders … leadership in a world of change – the courage to let go, open up, and dare … the challenge of seizing and shaping the future to your advantage
- Leading in a complex and uncertain world, inspired by Ugur Sahin and Masa Son
- 7 ways to become an ambidexterous leader, thinking long and short-term
- Being curious, creative and courageous