Purpose-Led Strategy Masterclass for Al Ghurair
November 24, 2021 at Al Ghurair, Dubai, UAE (2 days)
Download Peter Fisk’s Purpose-Led Strategy Masterclass
Al Ghurair Group is a diversified family-owned conglomerate based in the UAE.
The group’s origins trace back to the 1930s when Ahmad Al Ghurair and his son Saif were pearl divers in Dubai, going on to create the UAE’s first cement factory, flour mill, and sugar refinery.
There are three main lines of business – manufacturing, including petrochemicals, aluminium steel and packaging; real estate including shopping malls; and financial investments including a major stake in Mashreq Bank. The business also has an expanding global presence.
Looking to the future, the group seeks new growth opportunities with a diversifying portfolio, while adhering to its values of excellence, innovation and integrity. The group’s ambition is to triple net profits over the next 5 years, with 25% of profits coming from new activities.
Foresight and innovation will be key to unlocking assets and capabilities in new ways, guided by a purpose to enhance life. This will require new mindsets and perspectives, to link strategic horizons with ideation, to think differently about how to drive long-term, innovative growth.
- Put purpose at the core of your strategy: it’s how successful companies redefine their businesses (Tom Malnight et al)
- The business case for purpose: why you should put purpose at the heart of your business (EY)
- Playbook for strategy: the five essential questions at the heart of any strategy (AG Lafley et al)
- Power shifts: scenarios for the future, exploring the drivers and possible outcomes (IFTF)
- Towards a circular economy: Accelerating the shift towards a sustainable business (Ellen Macarthur Foundation)