Gamechangers in Segovia
November 18, 2017 at Segovia, Spain (with IE Business School)
Gamechangers: What can you learn from the world’s most disruptive businesses shaking up every market right now?
Across the world, new ideas, new businesses and new solutions are transforming every market. “Gamechangers” think and act differently. They innovate every aspect of their brand and marketing.
From Alibaba to Zipcars, Ashmei to Zidisha, Azuri and Zynga, a new generation of businesses are rising out of the maelstrom of economic and technological change across our world. These are just a few of the companies shaking up our world.
Gamechangers are disruptive and innovative, start-ups and corporates, in every sector and region, reshaping our world. They are more ambitious, with stretching vision and enlightened purpose. They see markets as kaleidoscopes of infinite possibilities, assembling and defining them to their advantage. They find their own space, then shape it in their own vision. Most of all they have great ideas. They outthink their competition, thinking bigger and different. They don’t believe in being slightly cheaper or slightly better. That is a short-term game of diminishing returns.
We asked 1000 business leaders to nominate the companies who they believe are creating the future in each different sector. The top 100 innovators are big and small, spread across every sector and continent, from Asia to the Americas, finance to fashion. And then we wanted to understand what they did differently.
They range from well known innovators like Amazon and Apple – the magic Dash buttons creating a direct link between consumer and brands, the ecosystems that go beyond devices – to new brands like Brazil’s Beauty’in fusing the world of food and cosmetics, or even Zespri redefining the obscure Chinese gooseberry as the superfood Kiwi fruit.
They capture their higher purpose in more inspiring brands that resonate with their target audiences at the right time and place, enabled by data and technology, but more through empathetic design and rich human experiences. They fuse digital and physical, global and local, ideas and networks. Social media drives reach and richness, whilst new business models make the possible profitable. They collaborate with customers, and partner with other business, connecting ideas and utilising their capabilities. They look beyond the sale to enable customers to achieve more, they care about their impact on people and the world, whilst being commercially successful too.
As they say in the GoogleX moonshot factory, in seeking to reinvent everything from cars to healthcare, “Why be 10% better, when you could be 10 times better?”
Session 1: World Changing … making sense of the future
- The next 10 years will see more change, than the last 250 years
- How will you seize the opportunities fast-changing markets?
- Which mega trends will most effectively drive innovation and growth?
- Future forwards … Are you stretching the past, or shaping the future?
Session 2: Changing the Game … rethink, refocus and reinvent
- Alibaba to Bitcoin, Sophia to Zespri … inspired by the world’s 100 most disruptive innovators
- What do the most innovators do, learning from corporates and entrepreneurs?
- How will you innovate your strategy, business model and customer experience?
- The new toolkit … future scenarios, design thinking, lean development, market multipliers
Session 3: Inspired Leaders … creating tomorrow, delivering today
- Growth v fixed mindset … tomorrow’s leaders need a new mindset to be winners
- Finding a better balance – purpose and profit, human and tech, today and tomorrow
- Leaders amplify potential – being the communicator, catalyst, connector and coach
- Be bold, be brave, be brilliant