Fast Leader Live: Leading the Future
March 26, 2020 at Online Seminar (at 1730 UK Time)
Fast Leader Live is a free series of weekly online seminars by global thought leader Peter Fisk, to keep you inspired, energised and innovative during these crazy days of global pandemic, social lockdown and economic chaos.
Download a summary of Leading the Future: Surviving and Thriving in Crazy Times
The future might seem chaotic and uncertain, sparking fear and inaction, but for leaders it needs to be more. Change drives new attitude and behaviours, new ideas and solutions. If we see innovations take off at lightening speed in good time, when there is no need to change, imagine how the right ideas can grow when there really is a burning platform.
Andy Grove, former CEO of Intel, once said “Bad companies are destroyed by crisis, good companies survive them, great companies are improved by them.”
A study by the Kauffman Foundation found that most Fortune 500 companies were launched during a recession or bear market. Think about it. 57% of companies started in a downturn. That means it’s likely that right now, amidst apparent economic chaos, some of tomorrow’s best companies are just getting their start.
“Leading the Future” is about stepping up to the challenge of new markets and technologies, with new leadership and new organisations. Leading the future demands leaders of change rather than continuity, with the courage and capability to make sense of the rapidly emerging future and seize the best opportunities.
- Read the new article by Peter Fisk on How to survive and thrive in crazy times
- Download a summary of Peter Fisk’s recent masterclass: Leading the Future.
How will you shape your organisation and its strategies to take you forwards, how will you harness the power of technologies and ensure more positive impact, how will you shape markets in your vision rather being held hostage by the next generation of entrepreneurs and global competitors? How will you go beyond the strategies and minds of your own leaders of today? How can you be Gamechanger?
We will explore the latest thinking on leadership, how they look to the future, and lead the transformation of businesses and markets.
Innovation has always been about making new and unusual connections. Leonardo da Vinci leapt forwards through the power of connecting ideas from different places – art and nature, anatomy and mechanics – to imagine possibilities that did not exist in his day. Today, innovation fuses imagination with incredible capability in the form of digital technologies, that allow us to reinvent the entire way in which markets work, businesses operate, and consumers thrive.
At the heart of exponential growth, is the power of network-based business models to drive multiplying growth. Most popular is the platform model that enables a small “butterfly” organisation to curate and connect huge numbers of suppliers and consumers. From Alibaba to Airbnb we see how platform businesses are transforming every sector. How would they work in your industry? How would they disrupt your market? How would you create value? Where would you start?
We will also take a whirlwind journey through IE’s “Global AMP”, its innovative flagship program for senior executives ready to shape the future of their business, and themselves. It brings together the best new ideas for business, with the most useful tools for business leaders. It connects technology and humanity, business and society, art and science, profit and progress. And it is inspired by some of the most amazing companies who are shaping today’s markets, and the people who lead them.
This is not a normal development program, this will change your future. It will not just give you knowledge and capabilities, but also the courage and confidence to go beyond today, beyond what you currently imagine, to create a better future.
It’s time to be bold, brave and brilliant!
- Why purpose-driven companies do better … they are more ambitious, attract talent, inspire innovation, faster decisions, more trusted, increase loyalty, attract investment
- Finding more purpose … How Yvon Chouinard’s journey towards “why” took Patagonia further than products or profits could ever achieve
- From Purpose into Concepts into Strategies … turning “inspire the world” ideologies into practical, purposeful and profitable business
- The Enlightened Capitalists … Purpose is rapidly becoming the new bottom line, demanding that business leaders and brands step up to stand out
- Danone’s transformation with purpose … Emmanuel Faber is showing how the largest companies can be B Corps, with a better approach to business
- Purpose that drives innovation … the company’s unique ability to have an impact on meaningful challenges faced by customers in their market or within society or even globally
- Business needs the SDGs, and they need business … Embracing the UN’s 17 Global Goals is a $12 trillion opportunity for business by 2030